• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KnoX

KnoX

• Retired Staff
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:06 AM

Ever used Hamachi? So simple that a noob can used it! Little software for easy VPN but here OpenVPN is better but if you want to an easy thing to play LAN and all, Hamachi is so simple !! Take a look!
CCNA Certified

#2 Jerosh

Jerosh

Famed Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:26 PM

I use it, and it's pretty simple! Good thing if we could use it!

#3 Greenseed

Greenseed

Administrator

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 01:49 AM

yeah, but hamachie is a P2P connection... if more then 3 Player are playing on the network, one will be selected as the Server VPN, that mean it him who will redirect all Packet... so:

if A, B and C are playing a game on VPN network into TAP mode...

A is the Virtual Bridge for all TAP adapter connected...

B  start a Game server to play Warcraft3, C connect to B and a Connect to B, but in fact all packet from C to B are rerouted but A, that mean A must have bandwith >= to All other adapter Bandwith usage... to bypass this probleme into a small ground, the persone who is VPN server must be Game SERVER... but depend on the game can have big ping trouble...

So here come Aleajecta VPN.... server is a 100Mbits connection... and im a Single TAP redirection device... that mean any client can play with any other one... will never affect is Bandwith.... and since most internet connection has into upload Maximun 1Mbits, that mean i can handle 100 player at the time... but in pratice will gave more like 500 to 1000 player...

So my goal.. is having many ppl connected, + a char room  and we play all game we love, included the old one.. who play only over IPX...

Hamachie is GUI over OpenVPN... so OpenVPN is the Father and all other are the sun.... and OpenVPN is more simple then hamachie... with my installer... you double click... and that ALL... NO CONFIG NOTHING... just DOuble Click... smile.gif

+ i Auto Solve the lag probleme on slow CPU smile.gif, cause the Tap interface is CPU emulated... mean a single core with a game running ... will lag the Tap adapter... so i have solution for that too smile.gif....

Hope you will enjoy the Public VPN network smile.gif
Your servant. ;)

#4 AaZir

AaZir

• Retired Staff
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 05:56 PM

openvpn is very cool

hamachi is simple to use

#5 Spooky

Spooky

Famed Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1364 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 07:12 PM

Yeah =] I've played on a wow server which was actually done through hamatchi. it was pretty cool =] my first experience with wow was on  the hamatchi one we had set up at work. laugh.gif

#6 bogie

bogie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:45 PM

got openvpn running on my own server network as well wink.gif and although im using .crt authentication its pretty easy to set up on any client happy.gif

#7 KnoX

KnoX

• Retired Staff
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 03:54 PM

hamachi is great but like Greenseed said, OpenVPN is better!
CCNA Certified

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users